Friday, October 04, 2013

Night Girl


Night Girl real name Lydda Jath is a member of the Legion of Substitute Heroes, and of the most recent incarnation of the Legion of Super-Heroes. She first appeared in Adventure Comics #306 (March 1963). Night Girl is a native of the planet Kathoon, a world which is in perpetual darkness, heated by an internal power source. Lydda has super strength, given to her by her scientist father, but only at night or in deep shadow. Her powers were negated by the presence of ultra-violet energy. Killing (or at least heavily injuring) creatures made of tangible shadow seemingly allows her to temporarily absorb their essence into herself and convert it into super strength. Since her super powers are often unavailable, she has trained extensively and is a very capable hand-to-hand combatant.

For this outfit I chose to mix some of her original ones and come up with a new one. I'm not following any continuity or any particular costume. I like designing new stuff, you know. I was inspired by Benicio da Fonseca's art on her face.
I didn't paint the background, I went over it. It's called  City of the night by Colin Geller. He is a great artist. It seemed like the perfect BG for her.
I hope someone actually reads this post before they go bananas on criticism or complement me on what a great job I did on painting this background, lol.
Hope you dig it. Chau

No comments: