Monday, April 29, 2013

Tellus


Tellus, real name Ganglios, is a native of the methane-atmosphere planet Hykraius. All Hykraians are methane-breathers and cannot survive outside a liquid methane environment without special breathing apparatus (in Tellus' case, a special helmet). Like all members of his race, Tellus was both telepathic and telekinetic, and it was his skill with these powers that helped gain him entry into the Legion Academy and later the Legion itself. Tellus is currently a regular character in the current Legion Lost book, where he and several Legion comrades are trapped in the twenty-first century. I don't know the name of the artist for the BG, I got it from visual paradox. As usual I went over it and changed it to fit my character better. It was challenging and a lot of fun drawing this character. I wasn't too crazy about most of the art I came across while researching Tellos, so I toke many liberties not only to come up with an animated version but to make it a little more interesting to look at. 

No comments: